How to keep children entertained
Many parents are panicky afraid of children's holidays - they do not know what to do with small guests. Everything is very simple - remember your favorite games and share them with your children.
INVITATION - a foretaste of the holiday, a completely wonderful condition that you and your child will definitely have in preparation for this event: making a party plan, buying prizes for the winners of competitions, choosing food. One of the most enjoyable pre-holiday cares is making DIY invitations for guests. You will need: thick colored paper, scissors, a beautiful ribbon, felt-tip pens and an hour of free time.
Beginning of the holiday: get acquainted
At the beginning of the holiday, the most important thing is to introduce all the guests, arrange them to each other and help overcome the tightness of the first minutes of communication. For this, there are calm communicative games during which children begin to communicate with each other and, as the excitement increases, they become free, recognize each other by name and make the first contact.
- Mister X. The owner secretly appoints one of the guests as Mr. X, puts a small gift in his hand and announces that Mr. X will hand over the jewel to the seventh person to whom he shakes hands. As a result, everyone will get to know each other.
- Broken phone. Children stand in a circle, and one of the players quickly whispers a difficult phrase in his neighbor’s ear, which is passed on. The last player says what he heard. A lot of fun, and the guests begin to lively chat with each other.
- Little ring. All stand in a row and stretch out their palms with a “boat,” the presenter tries to quietly put one of them in the palms of a small object. The task of the other players is to guess who the owner of the ring is and not let him “get out on the porch”.
- Charades. Guests are divided into two teams and take turns playing pantomime scenes in which they try to depict words from a hidden phrase, for example, the name of a book or a cartoon.
Active games in the midst of a holiday
Active games take center stage at any children's holiday - there is no way to make these little clots of energy sit at the table and conduct social talks with each other. It is vital for them to jump, run and scream loudly. To direct this unrestrained activity into a peaceful direction, offer them some fun dynamic games during which the children will be able to frolic enough and they will have time to cool down and recover before the end of the holiday.
- Zhmurki. The driver is blindfolded and everyone runs around the room. The task of the driver is to catch one of the children and identify him, the task of the players is to confuse the driver as much as possible.
- Three-legged race. A pair of players stand on the starting line. The right leg of one is connected with the left foot of the other, after which the incredibly fun “three-legged” race starts.
- Live node. Leading out of the room. All the others stand in a circle, hold hands and intertwine, forming a “living knot”. The leader must unravel it, giving verbal instructions to each player. The main thing is that the circle does not break.
- Dances - dances - dances. Be sure to give children the opportunity to just fool around who is much to the music.
Peaceful games at the end of the holiday
Toward the end of the holiday, the children were already physically tired, but their fighting spirit did not run out and they think that they can play and have fun for eternity. Offer them quiet, peaceful entertainment that will calm them down. Present small souvenirs as a souvenir and prepare for an early parting.
- Fanta. A wonderful way to combine the game and the presentation of gifts. Small identical bags are hung on a rope in which each child will find a small souvenir for himself and a funny task that he must fulfill. After all, he himself chose it!
- Entertaining drawing. There are a lot of options for such games - from the image of a non-existent animal to the drawing of a cow with eyes closed. Tip: buy pastel in plastic cases - your hands will remain clean.
WHO can help you
INVITED ARTISTS. The appearance of clowns or fairy-tale heroes causes an incredible revival in the children's team. Another option is to dress up a relative who is able to entertain children for a long time.
TEACHERS-ANIMATORS. If you decide to have a holiday in a children's cafe or club, you can count on the help of animators who can find a common language with any children and know what to do with them all day.
BOOKS-ADVISERS. The main assistant to the mother, the organizer of the children's holiday, is specialized books. From them you can get a lot of ideas for planning the entire event as a whole - from games and tricks to decorating the house, recipes for treats and original home-made gifts for guests.