We sew clothes with our own hands
|Olga Abrosimova: 29 years old, sews 10 years.|
Do it yourself easily
“Schoolwork on sewing in me aroused an aversion to the process for life. At least that's what I thought before. But in fact, everything turned out to be very simple - you just have to be patient in the first stage! Why did I start sewing? Firstly, you can fantasize and always come up with something original. Secondly, the chance to meet someone in the same dress is zero. And thirdly, the savings are very decent. I sew both myself and my friends. ”
1. We just sew with our own hands. Buy, find in old things or take a magazine from your girlfriend with patterns, buy or fish the cheapest fabric from an ambitious grandmother. Remove the pattern and cut out any of the simple products - they are usually marked in magazines with a special icon for beginners. Sweep cut parts. This is the most time-consuming stage - therefore, if it does not piss you off, then you can safely buy a sewing machine.
2. Select a machine. Sewing on modern typewriters is a real pleasure, they have several speeds and automatic stitch tuning. If we used these in labor lessons, everything would be completely different. The choice of a machine depends entirely on what you plan to sew. You can buy the simplest car, with three seams (simple, zigzag, knitted) - foreign models cost from 3000 rubles., Domestic - even cheaper. Before buying, you need to carefully study the market for offers on the Internet (for me, buying a car through the Internet came out at 1,500 rubles cheaper than a similar model in a store, and besides, it was delivered home). Online stores provide complete information about the product on the site, and you can easily compare not only the price, but also equipment options. On the forums of sewing lovers, you can always quickly get advice from experts on which manufacturers are better.
3. Look for fabrics. Most often I buy fabrics in warehouse stores, where the choice is greater and the price is lower than in large central stores. The cheapest in price, but not in quality fabrics are sold in stores of the “Measuring Flap” network. Here you can buy the remains of good fabrics, and the price for the last meters is always less. Or there may be a small marriage, which can easily be circumvented when cutting. In such stores, the price per meter of knitwear will be about 200 rubles, for a cambric - 40 rubles, terry cloth - 200 rubles. You can also buy fabrics from stock at a wholesale price by teaming up with friends. So, for example, I buy fabric for bedding.
4. Collect patterns. Patterns can be taken from magazines, downloaded on the Internet from sites for free, ordered via the Internet on disks. And I like that on the Internet you can order only those models that you will sew, and not the entire magazine. Patterns from the Web have one, but a big minus: they need to be printed on a printer and they are all designed for A4 format. It turns out that it takes a long time to print, and then collect half a day. So with magazines of the format “we sew with our own hands for beginners” the easiest way!
5. Save money and time! In my experience, you can sew a knitted sheath dress in 2 hours, the cost of things - depending on the model and size - will be from 200 to 400 rubles. (fabric, threads, tracing paper cost so much). In a store on sale, such a dress will cost at least 800 rubles, and without a sale, all 2000 rubles. Fur coat made of faux fur floor length: fur - 800 rubles. (upon purchase from a warehouse), lining with insulation - 1000 rubles, threads - 15 rubles, tracing paper - 30 rubles, magazine - 90 rubles). In addition, over time, you will be able to "build" the simplest things exactly at the moment when you need them. For example, a knitted sweater of the “bat” style is sewn in 1–1.5 hours, home trousers with an elastic band - 1.5 hours, a knitted dress-case - 1.5–2 hours, a skirt with frill on an elastic band - 1.5−2 hours. So we sew with our own hands and save!
Do-it-yourself sewing for beginners: useful addresses
• www.osinka.ru • www.forum.hobbyportal.ru • www.season.ru • www. mernyi-loskut.narod.ru